This is important
T3chFest is an open event for everyone. That is, we are compromised to provide a friendly and secure environment for every attendee, regardless of their gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, ethnicity, nationality, age, religion or other category.
This Code of Conduct summarizes our expectations for the behavior of all the participants, as well as the consequences for unacceptable behavior. We ask for the collaboration of all attendees, sponsors, speakers, volunteers and other parties to help have a safe and enjoyable experience for everyone.
T3chFest is held at the Carlos III University of Madrid so the space is shared and you can meet students or workers who are not attending the event. We ask for understanding and respect in this regard.
We ask that all our attendees:
- Be considerate, respectful and collaborative.
- Reject degrading, discriminatory or harassing behaviors.
- Be aware of the environment and your fellow participants and alert the organizers if they observe a situation that violates this code of conduct or is dangerous.
- Participate in an authentic and active way. By doing so, you are helping us produce a better experience in T3chFest for everyone.
The T3chFest organization considers as unacceptable behaviors:
- Intimidating behavior.
- Derogatory or degrading comments and attitudes.
- Images or offensive language.
- Sexual or violent images or language.
- Images or language that reinforce social structures of domination.
- Stalking or harassing with photography or recording.
- Sustained interruption of talks or other activities.
- Inappropriate physical contact and unwanted sexual attention.
- Any type of violence, physical or verbal.
Consequences of unacceptable behavior
Unacceptable behavior will not be tolerated by the organizers. If a participant engages in unacceptable behavior, conference organizers may take any action they consider appropriate, including expulsion from the conference without prior notice.
If you are involved in unacceptable behavior, are you witnessing another person with such behavior or have other concerns, please notify any of the organizers as soon as possible.
During the event, volunteers and organizers will dress differently from the rest of the attendees. Any volunteer can put you in contact with a conference organizer. You can also come to the registration table and ask for a member of the team of organizers.
We hope that all the participants of the event (sponsors, volunteers, speakers, assistants and other guests) comply with the code of conduct during all the activities held during the event.
This code of conduct is inspired by other codes of conduct from other similar events.